Monday, June 27, 2011

life lately

Soo..since I am clearly not great at blogging on a regular basis - this one might be a little long. But don't worry, I will block it off in categories, so you can pick and choose the sections you actually care about - or you can read it all!

Miss Tennessee Week:

For the first time in 6 years, I did not compete in a State Miss America pageant. For the first time in 4 years, I did not compete for the title of Miss Tennessee - I sat in the audience as a cheerleader! I thought it might feel weird or make me feel sad, but I was actually VERY excited to be watching for a change! There was no pressure, I could eat anything I wanted, and I had a BLAST cheering for someone else! For the past 6 months, Studio 10 (Ashley and I), have been helping Sarah Stonier, Miss Walking Tall get ready to compete for Miss TN. But we have also built an incredible friendship and love for her! She became like a sister to us! So I think Ashley and I both felt like it was our little sister on that stage! Let me just say, now I know how my mother felt all those years, nervous as can be before I went on stage! I was more nervous for Sarah than I ever was for myself!! And everytime her name got called out: SS Preliminary winner, top 15, top 12, top 10, Miss Congeniality, and CMN Miracle Maker Award - You would have thought Ashley and I had just won the pageant - we were screaming and jumping - people were staring..lol..but we didn't care! We were so proud of her!!! It was also great to watch the other girls that I had competed with and become friends with over the years! All in all, it was a great week! I loved seeing all the directors and people who have become part of my pageant family!! Also, a huge shout out to our new Miss TN, Erin Hatley! She was incredible all week! I can't wait to see what God has in store for her this year!!

GREAT NEWS:
I'm moving back to NASHVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be moving back to Nashville at the end of July to be the Manager at Snap Kids in Green Hills. For those of you who know me well, you know how much I love Nashville, and how much I loved working at Snap before! When this opportunity came up, I just couldn't turn it down! Also, after being away from Nashville and the music scene, I realized how much I want to be a part of it! So I will also be putting some time and effort into music! God gave me this gift for a reason, and I don't want it to go to waste!!! The only sad part about Nashville, is that I won't be living with my best friend Ashley anymore.. :(  But that just means I will have to make more of an effort to be a VOL and come back to football and basketball games with her! :) 

STUDIO 10:
Since I will be in Nashville and Ashley will be in Knoxville - Studio 10 now has 2 locations!!! We will consult seperately during the week and then take turns traveling once a month to either Nashville or Knoxville to do "workshop days"! I think this is going to be a huge opportunity for Studio 10!!! We can't wait to start working with new and veteran girls for the upcoming pageant season!

Life After Pageants -  the dating edition:
So here is what I've noticed about pageant girls when they're done competing: They've either found the love of their life, get engaged, married and start popping out babies immediately - or like me, they are single and good guys are no where to be found. And, most of the girls in my situation attract psychos, jerks, and losers! Where are the good looking, accomplished, nice guys? I'll tell you where some of them are - on the Bachelorette - fighting for a girl who's hooked on one of the psycho, jerk, loser types - SERIOUSLY!!?!? Nevertheless, I'm trying to stay optimistic  - there have to be at least a few good ones left!

I think that's all for now - I will try to make more of an effort to blog more than once a month - I'm hoping life gets a little more entertaining once I move back to Nashvegas! Adios Amigos!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job describing your life's journey! The writing was very sincere and honest especially the "the dating edition." ha ha. You should seriously write a book someday after you get your big recording contract. I hope you achieve your dreams very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete